Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Cavalier

And then came the caballero
With straightened head and raised brow
His raptness had made him insular
Oblivious of his own allure

When I looked at him with all my love
In those arcane eyes, my soul dove
If I were a warrior, he would’ve taken me on board
He would’ve loved me, if I were his sword

He went as fast as he had come
Unaware of this waning bum
My arms were empty just like my hands
With nothing but remains of storming-sands

I went to my place with my love-unrequited
My heart as frenzied as sun fully heated
My burning soul and cooling moon-light
Dwelt in the grounds and chilling height

At dawn I slept fast asleep
But was shortly awaked by a beep
There he was with all his dignity
With tender gestures of love, not of pity

He took my hands in his
O is this that they call a bliss?
He told me about his secret love
As gentle as a springing dove

His love is superior to my imagination
But yeah it’s true that it gave me recognition
Now I can touch that face with no fear
He is my man, my cavalier


--Written By: Ammara Khan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B E A UTIFUL.

An eff of the ineffable.