Sunday, February 17, 2008

Heavens

Come and see what is there in my heart
O prince of heavenly demeanor don’t look down upon me
I am not your slave but bound to your love deep within my soul
O don’t smile so sarcastically at my naïve love
What you perceive as mere show is what cast me my existence

My beloved, it’s not your face that I am in love with
It’s the essence of your pearly soul that haunts me
You belong to the heavens of the God
And I, a lonely pilgrimage looking at the veil of the earth
Why don’t you come with me to find what’s hidden?

Come and let’s make a carven of us and be together
Don’t look at the horizon dear, turn towards me
Look into my soul, the echo of which is there in my eyes
People call me as pagan, the follower of Satan
Tell me is this a fiendish fire or emotions of crimson

We, the pieces of a riddle scattered over the face of earth
Look at the heavens above and say to each other
Words that no other mortal can hear; and smile
This is not our love that makes us happy
This is the feeling of belonging to the heavens in our heart


-- By Ammara Khan

No comments: